Want to crave that chocolate craving while keeping in check with your diet routine? Here is a great recipe to make your own homemade protein bars. Stressed for time? Well, this recipe requires no baking! Fold together these simple ingredients to create your own bars that contain 7.3 grams of protein, 7 grams of carbs, and 4.8 grams of fat. This recipe makes 6 bars.
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup chocolate whey protein powder
2 tbsp ground almonds
6 tbsp peanut butter
4 tbsp almond milk
1 tsp organic honey
Chocolate chips for topping (I suggest using mini chocolate chips)
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips in a mixing bowl. Stir until well combined.
- Line a loaf pan with wax paper or clear plastic wrap. This will help with removing the bars from the pan without breaking them.
- Press dough into a flat loaf pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top and press gently into the dough so they don’t fall off after refrigeration.
- Refrigerate until the bars harden. Remove from pan by lifting the wrap onto a cutting board.
- Cut into bars and wrap individually in clear plastic wrap.