Bring out your muffin pan and get ready for breakfast! Here is a simple recipe for a quick breakfast that you can make while still preparing for your day. This recipe is low in carbs and high in protein since it requires mostly egg whites and very little yolk. It is also very versatile where you can top it with your choice of sausage, veggies, and cheese.
This works great when you have left overs in the fridge that you can’t get rid of!
- 3 egg whites and 2 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- chopped sausage
- diced green pepper
- diced green onion
- low-calorie shredded marble cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F while you prepare the eggs.
- Beat 3 egg whites and 2 whole eggs together.
- Add milk, salt, and pepper.
- Spray the non-stick muffin pan with oil and pour the egg mixture to the top of the cups. This recipe makes roughly 6 egg muffins. I personally cut this recipe in half when I made it since I was cooking for myself.
- Top the eggs with your choice of toppings. I put the veggies and sausage first and topped it off with shredded marble cheese.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. I baked mine for about 15 minutes since I had 3 muffins.
Hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!