This recipe is a layered dip that can be served at any function! Not only is it easy to make, it also filled with fresh veggies and low-fat dairy products. Finding shrimp in this dip is just a bonus!
1 rectangle package of fat free cream cheese
1 small block of low-calorie marble cheese
2 tbsp. PC brand cocktail sauce (they have one that is low in sodium)
1 green bell pepper
2 firm tomatoes
1 bunch of green onions
1 package of fresh cooked and peeled shrimp meat
1/2 cup of fat free sour cream
- Dice bell pepper, tomatoes, and green onions and keep aside.
- Shred marble cheese and keep in a air tight container until ready to layer.
- Blend softened cream cheese and sour cream together until it becomes spreadable. You may need to add a teaspoon of sour cream or less at a time depending on the desired consistency of the base layer. You want it to be thick and spreadable and not runny.
- Wash shrimp and briefly boil it in water. I like to squeeze some fresh lemon juice just to get rid of that fishy smell. Strain and keep to the side.
- In a flat tray, spread cream cheese base in an even layer. Take the cocktail sauce and spread gently on top of the sour cream. Evenly distribute the shrimp meat across the platter. Continue to evenly layer green peppers, tomatoes, green onions, and cheese in that order. Chill in the refrigerator until its ready to serve!
- You can eat this dip with any whole wheat, fiber filled chip of your preference